New Sigma SD1 46 MP

Plus, you get to use the supply of Sigma SA mount lenses! You know, the same mount used by a dozen or more users in each state in the Union! The lenses that have no resale value, and no spare parts! Woo-hoo! I mean, there must be a thousand or more Sigma shooters in America, so you can easily, easily dump this camera when you're done using it, and within three to four years, you can find a buyer who'll take it off your hands for a cool $75 or so.

Ouch... I like sigma..... I have never had any of the common issues you hear about. Wierd..... eh...who knows....

Do you know of anybody who uses the Sigma SA lens mount?

Sigma lenses = popular and building a better and better image for themselves
Sigma DSLRs - never actually met a sigma shooter and if flickr is anything to go by they are few and far between Flickr: Camera Finder: Sigma

Plus, you get to use the supply of Sigma SA mount lenses! You know, the same mount used by a dozen or more users in each state in the Union! The lenses that have no resale value, and no spare parts! Woo-hoo! I mean, there must be a thousand or more Sigma shooters in America, so you can easily, easily dump this camera when you're done using it, and within three to four years, you can find a buyer who'll take it off your hands for a cool $75 or so.

Ouch... I like sigma..... I have never had any of the common issues you hear about. Wierd..... eh...who knows....

Do you know of anybody who uses the Sigma SA lens mount?

LOL nope.

I know what you're saying but output resolution is what matter, not how many mp the sensor has.

Yep but what I was getting at is that Nikon's output resolution is fake. The result of interpolation. Would you be less upset if Sigma simply applied an algorithm to upscale the resolution in the camera and produce a 46mpx image?

What I am getting at, is why does it matter what the output resolution is if you can't render one single pixel accurately? In order to do that on any common DSLR you need to divide the resolution by 4.

I saw someone with an SD9 one time..

Sigma should have paid the fee for the Canon mount..

I think this would be a fun toy, and i bet the 15MP output at ISO100 even would give the FF cameras a run for their money once printed..

but the bummer is that it's a proprietary mount, and i can't think of many Sigma lenses i'd want to use on it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back