benhasajeep52 50
Been spending a lot of time on here!
- Joined
- May 4, 2006
- Messages
- 4,123
- Reaction score
- 598
For about the last year I have been looking and looking for a used Nikon 500mm f/4D. Well I finally decided to compromise, until I do find one at a price I am willing to pay. So, I just ordered a Sigma 150-500 HSM OS. From what I have read, they improved it quite a bit over the 170-500, which I did have about 12 years ago or so and sold. My copy had a moderate lens creep, and at 500mm even at f/8 to f/11 it seemed too soft for liking.
From what I have read the OS is loud and not that effective just a stop or two. But the reviews did say the lens performance is much better than before. So, I am going to give it a try. Should have it on Friday. Will see if this one pans out better than the first one. From some pics I have found online taken with it. I have seen some really good examples, and some so so one. Of course alot of that is probably the user with the lens. Crossing fingers.
From what I have read the OS is loud and not that effective just a stop or two. But the reviews did say the lens performance is much better than before. So, I am going to give it a try. Should have it on Friday. Will see if this one pans out better than the first one. From some pics I have found online taken with it. I have seen some really good examples, and some so so one. Of course alot of that is probably the user with the lens. Crossing fingers.