What's new

New studio setup questions

mediaspin360

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
Dallas, TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dear all, I need to come up with a solution to setup a new lighting. I have 4 Speedotron Monolights plugged in directly to the wall outlet and one Speedotron Power Cell 2403 CX that is connected to a Octogon Monolight. I have one sync cable that is connected from the camera to one of the monolights. How can I get the power cell with the Octo monolight to sync/fire simultaneously when the camera shutter fires off?
 
I'm not familiar with the brand but a slave cell should trigger the light, are these old lights as most newer (10 yo) have this built in. H
 
First of all, just for the record, monolights don't plug into a power supply. Monolights are stand-alone units.

Like Harry said, simply plug a slave into you power pack.

BTW... I bet you already know you don't want to plug a sync cord from the power supply directly into your camera.

-Pete
 
I use Speedotron 2400-series power packs, and for many years have relied upon their standard household-style "peanut" slave tripper, the one Speedotron calls the 23510 slave tripper, which is priced at $45 these days.

I can't recall if the cx model variations was when Speedotron transitioned from household (H-prong or two-blade) to the stereo plug style synch cord connector on the power packs. If the cx-series packs need the stereo plug style slave, those are more expensive generally.

Speedotron corp itself has a number of remote trigger units they stand behind, here,as well as their slave trippers for their power packs.

Speedotron Products Accessories
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom