New studio setup questions

mediaspin360

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mediaspin360.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dear all, I need to come up with a solution to setup a new lighting. I have 4 Speedotron Monolights plugged in directly to the wall outlet and one Speedotron Power Cell 2403 CX that is connected to a Octogon Monolight. I have one sync cable that is connected from the camera to one of the monolights. How can I get the power cell with the Octo monolight to sync/fire simultaneously when the camera shutter fires off?

I'm not familiar with the brand but a slave cell should trigger the light, are these old lights as most newer (10 yo) have this built in. H

First of all, just for the record, monolights don't plug into a power supply. Monolights are stand-alone units.

Like Harry said, simply plug a slave into you power pack.

BTW... I bet you already know you don't want to plug a sync cord from the power supply directly into your camera.

-Pete

I use Speedotron 2400-series power packs, and for many years have relied upon their standard household-style "peanut" slave tripper, the one Speedotron calls the 23510 slave tripper, which is priced at $45 these days.

I can't recall if the cx model variations was when Speedotron transitioned from household (H-prong or two-blade) to the stereo plug style synch cord connector on the power packs. If the cx-series packs need the stereo plug style slave, those are more expensive generally.

Speedotron corp itself has a number of remote trigger units they stand behind, here,as well as their slave trippers for their power packs.

Speedotron Products Accessories

Most reactions

New Topics

Back