Well, the build has been going great. We're about 80% complete. It turns out I will get to use the entire downstairs as my studio! So I will have a new office and studio down there. The wife just wants me completely out of the upstairs - DEAL!
Here are some pics of the progress.
This is shot of the studio area facing what will become my new office. I'll be able to move freely around down here, so that's the current plan anyway.
This is the same space from the other side of the room.
This is the office.
I decided to go with a complete Alien Bees setup. After much research and reading many-many reviews, I figured the Bee's would be a perfect fit for me. The price is great, the packages are great and the performance is good enough for me at this point. It's amazing how popular the Bee's are.
I picked up two B800's and one B400. I bought a couple of soft boxes, barn doors, gels, and other light modifiers along with the Bee's CyberSync triggers. I also picked up a Vagabond II just for kicks which should come in handy next month when I shoot a local aviation museum (opening weekend!).
I'll post some more pics once I get things further along. We're still trying to figure out what flooring to do.