New to Adobe PS. This was a really quick edit.

Canuckphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I pulled the trigger and got LR and PS CC. After watching some Terry White videos on YouTube I have a better understanding of what some of the stuff is. It's all very overwhelming. LR is easy to use now compared to PS ha ha ha.

Of course it seems no where is safe from litter. This beautiful walk way in the woods was no exception. I used the lasso tool and removed the garbage using the pixel clone thingy.

Don't be too harsh. This was a first time edit on PS [emoji6]. Played with the highlights a little. Turned up the green, hues and saturation. Toned down the lights and increased darks just a bit.

DSC_0675-Edit.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Lightroom has good, simple workflow system underneath it. I would agree with the above poster, that the originally posted shot looks too dark for maximum impact. I hope you really enjoy the new software you got!

Couple things. On my tablet I can't seem to find a point where anything is actually in focus. Editing an image with "good bones" (exposure, composition, focus....) is always going to be easier than trying to recover when you're learning.

My suggestion would be to start in LR. There are a ton of free presets out there that you can download. Using a preset gives you a quick idea of how adjustments affect the image. You can click on a preset, then view the adjustment panel to see what was changed, and how the image was affected by those changes. One click undo and go to another. The nice thing about presets, is that even if you aren't totally happy with the effect, sometimes it gets you close enough that a few quick adjustments will do it. Once you feel comfortable in LR. you can choose to further edit the photo in PS, by right clicking on the photo in LR >edit in >adobe Photoshop.

In PS I find a curves adjustment layer easier to make general adjustments to the red, green, and blue channel. click the drop down menu (circled to access Red,Blue, or Green)
12.JPG

Also, start with the " Auto" button in Lr. Its quite smart.

IMG_8949.jpg
FDA37CF7-5A21-41F8-AD05-1CECC92A41B4-7884-00000A835CBDA474.jpeg
IMG_8949.jpg
FDA37CF7-5A21-41F8-AD05-1CECC92A41B4-7884-00000A835CBDA474.jpeg
IMG_8950.PNG
IMG_8951.PNG
IMG_8952.PNG
IMG_8953.PNG
IMG_8954.PNG
IMG_8949.jpg
Auto tuned it for fun:

The crop, clarity, vignette and sharpening are just basic settings I use a lot. Didnt teybto gonfir a look here just pressed buttons super fast and I think its great! Love Lr mobile!

Yes, this was all on my phone and on wifi while taking a break at work.

Most reactions

Back