New to DSLR & need some input

secretasianman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm coming from phone cameras and point & shoot cameras and I wanted more than what I feel those cameras have to offer. I wanted a highER quality camera and researched and I picked up a VG condition Canon 50D. I failed to consider the media type though. The 50D takes CF memory cards.
My question is,
Is there a decent quality, reliable CF to SDXC adaptor to plug into this camera or should I just pick up and use CF cards?

Thanks for any help you can offer Me.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks Np.
I checked the ratings on some of the offerings for these "generic" adaptors and it seems that they're a "crap shoot".
Is this product something that you have personally used?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks Np.
I checked the ratings on some of the offerings for these "generic" adaptors and it seems that they're a "crap shoot".
Is this product something that you have personally used?
I have one, the same one I posted, works just fine, I used to use it on my D70, which I sold a few years ago, but it still works on my D1x and D1H cameras.

I have a number of CF card type cameras. the adapters are just fine in most cases including many off of fleabay.

the real kicker is the ability of the camera to RECOGNIZE large cards. usually the older model cameras will only allow up to a specific Gb. storage.

Older Canons had a 8Gb limit. some will go the full size of the card, others wont.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back