What's new

New to Photography here.

im2c0ol

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 19, 2013
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Location
New Orleans
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello folks,

My name is Justin, I started off with a Canon t1i 3yrs ago. I went through many lens, end up have to up my gear a bit and decide to join the Photography world since I own quite an expensive gears. So I'm learning and just knew about the RAW shooting recently. I'm very happy that I found this forum and join it, I did found some very interesting tips after joining this forum. I guess this forum will be my favorite spot now on for photography issues.


So I have some recent shot with my 70-200mm f/4L lens, haven't got time to get any shot with my new 50mm f/1.4 yet. I hope to get some feedback about coloring, background, angles, etc.

Thanks for your time!

1.


2.


3.


4.


5.


6.


7.


8.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the site. Be patient, the comments will come. The first thing I would suggest is to pick 3-4 for c&c, a lot of people won't comment with a lot of pictures to go through. Keep in mind that for someone to do a good critic, it takes them a little bit of time.

Just a couple of things that I see: #1, I like the camera angle (being low) but I think that the composition could be better. By moving to camera left to get that pipe out of the picture, (you are show casing the car). #2, the exposure looks way off to me. The other two car pictures are pleasing to me.
 
The colours in the pics of the little girl are out of this world
 
Get a good Circular PoLarizing (CPL) filter to use with car shots. A CPL helps control reflections in the glass and to a lesser extent in the car bodies.

The center of the image frame is a weak location for a main subject, and the camera can be turned 90░ to a vertical frame format for tall narrow subjects, like people.

When shooting back lit subjects (#2 & #5), fill lighting of some kind is often needed to 'balance' the overall exposure.
 
Welcome to the site. Be patient, the comments will come. The first thing I would suggest is to pick 3-4 for c&c, a lot of people won't comment with a lot of pictures to go through. Keep in mind that for someone to do a good critic, it takes them a little bit of time.

Just a couple of things that I see: #1, I like the camera angle (being low) but I think that the composition could be better. By moving to camera left to get that pipe out of the picture, (you are show casing the car). #2, the exposure looks way off to me. The other two car pictures are pleasing to me.

I agree with #1 that I need to move over to the left just a bit to avoid the little wall still there. I was meant to choose this photo because of the pipe make it looks kind of interesting. #2 I meant to under expose the picture to how dark it was in person at that moment any suggestion to make it looks more legit under expose?
Thanks..

Get a good Circular PoLarizing (CPL) filter to use with car shots. A CPL helps control reflections in the glass and to a lesser extent in the car bodies.

The center of the image frame is a weak location for a main subject, and the camera can be turned 90░ to a vertical frame format for tall narrow subjects, like people.

When shooting back lit subjects (#2 & #5), fill lighting of some kind is often needed to 'balance' the overall exposure.

Okay I'll try to work that out a bit. Also I see there are many CPL filter color out there when I search. Is there any particular ones you recommend for the both of my lens, and I usually shoot portraits. Rarely shoot auto or any objects.
Thanks...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom