New to Photography. What Do You Think?

luvmybella

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My fiance' got me a Canon EOS T3 Rebel camera for Christmas. I love taking pictures but I'm hoping to up my level of skill. I would love to make a little $$ at some point.

What do you think?

Bella1.jpg

Bella_3.jpg

Bella_1.jpg

I think #2, the action shot is quite nice.

But on the third, why cut through half the horse? Can you explain why you think that is effective?

Check out the books "through the photographers eye" and "learning to see creatively" or google theory of composition, and elements of design, for some quick reading.

I like the first two but really don't like the last one with the horse being cut in half. Keep trying you got the first two right

I'm pretty new to things myself also got a DSLR from my fiance for Christmas, but have been taking pictures for a little while now. I love the middle one though, the top is really nice too I love black and white pictures.

I like the first two. Personally, I would have moved a few paces to the left to get the tree out of the 1st shot. In doing so, the rails possibly could have been your leading lines. Overall, keep shooting, you can only get better. And you have a good start. BTW, the books really help. So does youtube!

I'd say a nice job with your new present. I agree with others on number three.

#3 must be a 3/4 horse, right? :)

Not bad for a new camera! Keep practicing, and have fun! :)

Seems Bitter Jeweler is a fan, so you must be doing something right =). Take some more time out to refine certain aspects of photography. Put in the time and have fun above all.

Keep practicing. Look to improve your compositions so they are stronger. Look up the "rule of thirds" (more of a guideline lol) and start thinking about that when you look at possible images. It's a good first step to creative compositions once you can see and make images where not everything is dead center in the frame.

Don't worry about trying to make money with your photos. Just enjoy it and have fun. There are just way too many folks out there with a camera thinking they can make money with their photography and it takes the fun out of it.

Just a few more to critique! I know they're pretty much the same yet a little different. I'm going to read up on some articles this weekend.

bridge_2.jpg

bridge6.jpg

bridge_1.jpg

Most reactions

Back