New to the forum, comments please! :)

SeaBreeze

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As I'm new to photography as a hobby, I would appreciate any input you might have. The lucite paper weight and the anemone were done with an Olympus D-460 while the bit and penny (which were inspired by hobbes) were done with my newest cam, a Dimage Z3.

atarilucite.jpg

Anenome.jpg

Bit.jpg

ThePenny.jpg

I agree with Eric here on the penny. Perfect DOF, lighting and colours are very nice and the relief structure comes out brilliantly.

I don't understand what I see in the second photo....

Thanks for the welcome and input everyone! I've got a feeling I'll be hanging around here for a while, you're a nice group from what I've seen and have good suggestions. :)

I'm glad you guys like the penny, that's my fave at the moment to. As for the paper weight, well it's just one of many Atari things that are in my collection. I collect classic video game memorabilia and I used to work in the game industry for a little over 10 years (and Atari Corp was one of my employers). So on occasion you might see me posting some photos of items from my collection, although I really enjoy pics of the ocean, the coast, tide pools, etc since I'm a native San Diegan, so the ocean will most likely be my main focus.

Love the penny one too although they are all really good.
Also, looking forward the the ocean photos. My family is in San Diego too. I miss the ocean, so you will NEVER bore me with 'em!!!!

Depth of field.
I had the same question to this very board a while ago ;).

Ugh, that's what I thought. I was wracking my brain trying to figure it out and no sooner did I shut down my PC last night when it dawned on me that it meant exactly that. Thanks though for the confirmation. :)

For some reason I had it stuck in my head that it might mean "Detail On Front", shows how much I know about photography, huh? lol, well it's a learning process. To be honest, while I've been taking photos for a long time, I never really got into it as a hobby. I had a feeling I might enjoy it, but didn't think it would compare to my other hobby which is PCs, boy was I wrong. :D

Here's my first try at black & white mode using the camera. I think it turned out pretty well, but what do you guys think?

ClockTowerClose.jpg

Most reactions

Back