New toys - Battery Grip, Flash bracket, and thinktank photo modular

CxThree

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I decided to try out a couple of new items..

I picked up the thinktankphoto.com modular set, steroid belt, and harness. It arrived late yesterday. WOW. This thing rocks. Its very comfortable and really well made. I am trying it out next weekend at a wedding and will update you after that. I plan on using the belt, harness, and a couple of the modular components for 3 - 4 lenses for the event.

I also received the Phottix battery grip for the Canon 40D today. I ordered the one with 2 batteries. I already have 2 batteries from Phottis and have used them for the past 8 months. They last just as long as my original Canon battery and are way less. The Grip with batteries from $85 or so from EBay. I have been playing with the grip and I cannot tell a difference in it and the Canon brand. So far, I am highly impressed. Its half the price of the Canon without any batteries.

Also, my stroboframe Camera Flip flash bracket just arrived from my Ebay purchase. Everything I read said that this flash bracket would not work with the 40D and a battery grip. Well, it works with this one from Phottix. Maybe it's just a tad shorter than the Canon one? At any rate, this flips just fine. In the vertical position, the built in flash is slightly rubbing the foam grip on the bracket, but I do not see that being an issue. Also, in that position, the off camera flash is actually about an inch to the right of center over the lens. Once again, I don't see that being a large issue for me. I do not use a bracket a lot anyway.

I will post more as I use these, but so far, they look to be winners.

Update :

I made a mistake on the Camera Flip flash bracket. I forgot to factor in the TTL cord. with it on, I have to drop the battery grip. I picked up a Custom Brackets Folting T bracket today. It fits great.

Phottix battery grip and batteries. I cannot tell any difference in these units and the Canon ones. I am very happy with the quality and feel of these. The batteries also hold a charge for a long time. I have had 2 of them for almost a year and just got 2 more with the grip.

Thinktank Photo Modular Set - AWESOME. You have to look into this. I can barely feel the gear on my hips. The harness and belt distribute the weight evenly and the system gives fast access to your gear. I really like this system.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back