New tripod and head

Willieboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently purchased a D5100, my first DSLR and followed that up with the purchase of a Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod and 054 magnesium ball head, also from Manfrotto. My purpose in starting this thread is to let others know, who may be in the market for a tripod and head, how please I am with this combination. Most of the pictures I've been taking are of watches. The fact this tripod allows me to extend the center column out horizontally allows me to shoot straight down on the subject. This is flexibility I've never enjoyed previously. The fact the ball head is such a contortionist, just adds to the versatility of this combination.

When I purchased this particular equipment I did not do so because I knew anything or had any experience with tripods and heads. I just read up on them here on the forum and everybody said to buy a sturdy unit to begin with, and avoid being disappointed with the purchase because I'd skimped on the cost. Other than Best Buy, it's hard to find a camera retailer here in Houston, so I purchased online, sight unseen. So far the Manfrotto gear seems solid.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back