New website please critique

It seems to open on the last image by default, so nothing happens if we hit forward (which would be the most intuitive thing to do after landing on the site). Same thing if you go back...the previous button continues to show up when the first image is showing, so hitting back does nothing. I suggest hiding the buttons when they're not going to have any effect (e.g., no forward button when last image is showing).

Being that you made it yourself I would say you did a good job. Often if you look around on the web you can find pre-made bits of code or modules that can accomplish some of the thing you had to do by hand.

er111a said:
What is the problem?

I would say that the issue is that the links don't work for that viewer. Have you done browser testing?

Also, your navigation is less than intuitive. When I visited your website, the "next" button didn't work. Which is a pretty major flaw.

Doesn't seem to work for me under Safari...also every day is two words when used to describe the update schedule...seeing those two simple words combined into one word is "an everyday" event however...there is actually a difference between every day and everyday. Overall, honestly, I must say, the page appears rough and unsophisticated.

Doesn't seem to work for me under Safari...also every day is two words when used to describe the update schedule...seeing those two simple words combined into one word is "an everyday" event however...there is actually a difference between every day and everyday. Overall, honestly, I must say, the page appears rough and unsophisticated.
Well it is still in "beta." When finished it will look like xkcd.com

..there is actually a difference between every day and everyday.

YES YES YES. Please fix that!
XKCD as your model - this is why the "Next" button doesn't work, then? Personally, that's one feature of their's I've never really liked ... maybe only have the "Next" option show up when it will actually work. If you're at the end, on Today's Image ... only the "Previous" would be seen/clickable.
BTW I'm using Chrome, and everything seems to work for me.

..there is actually a difference between every day and everyday.

YES YES YES. Please fix that!
XKCD as your model - this is why the "Next" button doesn't work, then? Personally, that's one feature of their's I've never really liked ... maybe only have the "Next" option show up when it will actually work. If you're at the end, on Today's Image ... only the "Previous" would be seen/clickable.
BTW I'm using Chrome, and everything seems to work for me.
perfect is seems every browser is working, however, I have been unable to test Safari.

Most reactions

Back