New.. well new to me Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 Di-II

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have to admit the lens does impress, I was very happy with the image quality.

GLSafari 440 by Todd Robbins, on Flickr

It is the older version without the built in focus motor but focus is fast and accurate on the 7100, at least thus far, even in poor lighting conditions.

So all in all very happy with the new acquisition. Who knows, I might even get crazy and shoot a landscape or something. You never know. Lol

I have used both the older version without the focus motor, and the early version with the built in focus motor which I currently own. It is a terrific lens. Only issue I've encountered is that due to the older circuit boards in my version the auto focus does not work in live view mode on either my D3100 or my D7000. This isn't an issue for me as I don't do video or use live view for taking photo's.

I have used both the older version without the focus motor, and the early version with the built in focus motor which I currently own. It is a terrific lens. Only issue I've encountered is that due to the older circuit boards in my version the auto focus does not work in live view mode on either my D3100 or my D7000. This isn't an issue for me as I don't do video or use live view for taking photo's.
Shouldn't be an issue for me either, I'm strictly a viewfinder guy myself. But it is good info for anyone else who might be looking at this model.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back