New Year's Special to Honor Mister Rogers

mikeliketrike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
From the Miami Herald:

"LOS ANGELES - Take a quiet interlude on the first evening of 2004 to remember Fred Rogers - that's Mister Rogers, to us - and the integrity he brought to children's television.

"Fred Rogers: America's Favorite Neighbor," airing 9:30 p.m. EST Thursday on PBS, celebrates the gentle host of "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" who died last February at 74."....

I think it's a great thing that Mr. Rogers is being commerrated. Mine and many other generations grew up with him as our "neighbor" as he showed kindness, honesty, and a great understanding everyday.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Mr. Rogers was a cool dude :D

wish my neighbors were that neighborly :?

When I was a kid, my mom used to plunk me down in front of the TV to watch Mr Rogers every day. He was a good influence on an entire generation of children. He deserves to be commemorated.

So then the rumor about him, the 4 yr old boy, and the horse wasn't true?
J/K I hear that he was in the military fighting in WW2 or something like that, its hard to imagine Mr Rogers carrying a rifle and eating Nazi's for breakfast. Its a good thing the Nazi's weren't privliged enough to be his neigbors like we were.

Nah, he never served in the military. He went straight into college after high school and straight into broadcasting after that.

steve817 said:
Nah, he never served in the military. He went straight into college after high school and straight into broadcasting after that.

Did you know that Fred Rogers was an ordained Presbyterian minister?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0736872/bio has more info to. :0).

Yo,
My friend used to be the musical director for that show! :)
Like many of you all, I grew up watching the man. Remember the good ole' days? A gentle man in sweaters representing instead of a ghastly purple dinosaur.
Sigh. R.I.P.
Me, the Flea

GimpyPoop said:
Yo,
My friend used to be the musical director for that show! :)
Like many of you all, I grew up watching the man. Remember the good ole' days? A gentle man in sweaters representing instead of a ghastly purple dinosaur.
Sigh. R.I.P.
Me, the Flea

Yup, those were the good old days. :0) Especially compared to todays programming. :0) If I ever have kids, it would be tempting to get all the old shows on dvd or vhs and not let them see cable/dish. :0) *Remembers back to when cartoons were about humor and very mild violence* now thier all very violent, some even has language, etc.

Most reactions

Back