What's new

New York City

Welcome, Roy.

It's a fine line between very sharp and over-sharpened (note the pun); you did a beautiful job in post-processing. I like the fountain image best too.

What is 'high pass'?

Jon
 
I like the third one, by the way who's the lady in the last pic... ??
The lady in the photo is a close friend and ever-willing test subject. She just picked up a D40, you can be sure to see some photos from her soon.

Thanks to everyone for the comments

Welcome, Roy.

It's a fine line between very sharp and over-sharpened (note the pun); you did a beautiful job in post-processing. I like the fountain image best too.

What is 'high pass'?

Jon

I generally try to keep my post-processing as low key as possible, though I do like to go crazy every now and then. These just screamed at me to be sharp, I'm glad I didn't overdo it.

High-pass is a nondestructive filter used for enhancing edge contrast, I like using it for sharpening. (Filter > Other > High Pass)

Here's a tutorial I think I used at one point: http://nyfalls.com/article-photoshop-high-pass-sharpening.html
 
Last edited:
Nice shots.. also the city i call home lol.. my fav is #4
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom