New York City

mattvillano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took these on a recent venture into NYC. The originals look a lot sharper and the colors are better. I tried to fix some stuff in Photoshop, but those skills are quite basic right now. I really like the first one because of the contrast in the two buildings. Let me know what you think.

Untitled-2.jpg

I wish i didn't have to cut the bottom of the building off in this pic but it was the best shot i could manage. I really like how the shadow works with the cathedral.
65465.jpg

Thanks!

that first one is great.. if you bumped the saturation a bit with an adustment layer this image would really add some pop to it! It already pops as is :thumbsup: nice one! love the reflections and lighting on that one too!

vonnagy said:
that first one is great.. if you bumped the saturation a bit with an adustment layer this image would really add some pop to it! It already pops as is :thumbsup: nice one! love the reflections and lighting on that one too!

how exactly would i go about doing that in PS....if you don't mind explaining. Thanks.

I really like that first one as is so it'll be interesting to see it with more saturation.

In photoshop depending on which version you have, you should be able to find the 'adjustment layer' option in the layer menu.

click on the adjustment. create a saturation layer, increase the saturation to your hearts content. There are some tutorials about adjustment layers and other photoshop tips in the graphic programs tutorials:

tp://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

for a quick guide to adjustment layers:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4617

hope that helps!

I love that first one... colors and lines and... it's just nice! Oh, and the reflections... I love it!

I like the first one as well. The contrast from the new building to the old building with the reflection of the light kinding binding them together in some time-space continuum thing. LOL
Very nice catch!
~Tim

I did the saturation adjustment.....

old one:
Untitled-3.jpg

Saturation adjustment:

Untitled-2.jpg

wuckedshotbro! (translation: awesome pic!)

the satuation boost really helped on the blues there, i dig it. Since blue and orange are complementary colours it makes the photo stand our more. If you are feeling ambitious again, you can probably boost the orange & blues even more using the colour balance adjustment layers. It will take a few minutes of tweaking the sliders, but you'll be amazed what even a minor adjustment can do.

All in all, this is a really excellent photo! Great shot Matt!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back