New York Shots for Critique please

Makatoosh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pureimpactphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi. I love the last shot, it really captures the 'speed' of NY. Well done. :)

I second the 3rd one it captures how it is there busy love the flags:)

I like the 1st shot alot more than the others. To me it has a very modern feel, almost ahead of its time. The lack of people I think aids that look however the date at the bottom does not. I wish there wasnt 2 Budweiser signs and that something was on the Jumbo screen at the top. Perhaps even if there was some other info on the digital readout other than the weather. It might give a sense of timeline just by a small description of news.
# 2 is a picture of a cab and you cut off the front tire. I feel it lacks anything truly interesting to look at. Its desaturated a bit and has a newspaper quality.
#3 is a bit Cyan and saturated. But again its missing something. There is some action and the yellows could be seperated better. I feel the flags are Iconic of something.. They are not proud flags. They arent blowing in the wind or in sunlight proudly lit, or even properly mounted.
Good luck.

I love the iconic advertising brands in shot #1,and like how it has been processed. TO me #1, and #3, are my preferred photos. I enjoy the feeling of #3, but I really have a preference for #1's "iconic" look at NYC. Good job.

Thank you all so much really appreciate it.
The last shot was literally a turn and shoot as i seen it reflecting in a window. It was on auto focus rather than manual as well so that delayed the shot.
Excuses aside though :) I need a reshoot, hope the bank manager agrees :)

Thanks again
Kenny :thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
awesome shots really like each one for different reasons. Your coloring is really nice, it fits the almost grunge raw feeling of the city but none of your photos show the grunge side so you are capturing one thing and giving the feeling of the "other half" very well done. The third one is an awesome example of panning the fact that "STOP" is well pretty much stopped as well is awesome getting the real idea of NYC. Only nitpick on the 2nd one is the angle feels like the car is tipping off the image plane just watch your straightness next time. :thumbup:

First one is an excellent and unique shot

Second one appears a care free shot

Third could have been composed better

Let us grow with time

Regards :)

I'm not a huge fan on the processing on all of them. I dont mind it as much in #1 as the processing adds a surreal effect, which is what the picture represents to me. But on the others, its off. Mid one seems oddly grey and the last one is too satured for my tastes

Composition wise, 1 is spot on, really nicely done. Love the lines, specially the Walgreens banner.

2 is tilted a bit forward and just seems too common. The front part of the taxi is cut off, which adds to the snapshot, not much though in the image

3 I like the tilt, but again, dont like the processing. Like the blurry cabs, very typical of new york. Well seen and nice job turning and shooting. Next time, find a nice background, watch the traffic, and wait for the shot.

Thanks again everyone your critic is very much appreciated. General sensus seem to be a love hate opinion, hey that's fine after all photography is subjective and what some people like others don't, such is life.

Thanks again, appreciate it
Kenny

I like number 1 and 3, but the second for me is to bright, besides the taxi is cut is not straight.

Most reactions

Back