New Yorkers, others - question + request

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Would any of you who live in the New York City area happen to know of a Camper van rental who doesn't charge those prices that we have so far found for the high season (July/August) in the internet? A small firm, not so well known, still good and reliable, and not so expensive???

Yesterday, we were all high on the idea of maybe flying over in summer and cruising part of the country in a motorhome, today we're all flattened by the prices that would await us if we really did this :(.

Any ideas?
Any help anyone?
Maybe?

Flying into NY is just the shortest route over from Europe... (therefore also the cheapest).

The only Camper van Rental I know is my cousin :mrgreen:

(Sorry! But I just had to say that before someone else did)

Well, Hertz, I would have asked you directly, hadn't I found out by now that your "cousin's" prices are as high as those of everyone else... It is sooo frustrating. The idea seemed soooo good....! And I'll stay in the lookout and will keep hoping for more ideas, replies, whatever.

doxx said:
not so expensive and NYC doesn't match at all :roll:

buy a decent used car/truck, travel cross country
and sell it in the end - you won't loose much and
insurance is cheap.

I've actually done that. Worked like a charm. ;)

Thanks Jeff, and thanks to all the others that have replied.

As a matter of fact, we have given up on the idea of taking the family over, there are not even any cheap flights over at the time, and our girl will be 12 by then and paying the full adult price... it's too dear. It WAS a brilliant idea and I was even fantasising about meeting some of you on our way (maybe, if ever there is any who'd like to meet me?), but... not now. Not in July. Not this year.

We might be going to Masuria in Poland instead, that had been our initial idea. Then I might meet Mentos, and Anua (where IS she?) and maybe Santino (where is HE?)... who knows? ;) Thanks to all, all the same.

Most reactions

Back