New Zealand!

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, me and my friend are planning a trip to New Zealand next year, and I do have some questions that maybe some TPf'ers from NZ could help me with.

I do have a problem to get a long break from work other than the one in August, so I was wondering if it would be better to go there for 2 weeks around X-mas, or to come for 3-4 weeks in July-August? I'm not sure if the weather gets really bad in winter there or if it is still ok to travel in a Campcar...

Another question would be what locations are a must-see? what shouldn't we miss at no cost while we're there?

Any help would be really helpfull!

awesome. Im planning on going there too, with a friend of mine. We are going there in March and will be staying there for 2 months. First we are gonna take a trip which will take us to both islands and see most of the must-sees. This will take about 28 days. After that we are going to stay with some relatives of my friend for another month and just go do our thing (whatever that may be :) )
When we are going it will be autumn there, which should be a nice time to go. At least for all i know and have read. Havent got a clue about the winter though.
Found something with the temps for ya though
september – november Spring (15-20 °c).
december – februari Summer (20-25 °c).
maart – mei Autumn (15-20 °c).
Juni – augustus Winter(5-15 °c).
And thats about it.
Good luck planning your trip :D

My future parents-in-law are travelling there in September before coming to visit me and my fiance in Australia.

I am going to do some research on NZ for them soon and I will post my findings to you also. As of right now, Queenstown seems a great place to go, going off peoples replies when I have asked them.

You'll love it. Beautiful country, great people you'll have a wonderful time.

We've been there twice now and plan on going back again when we can. We usually go in February and the tempurature on the north island is warm but not that hot. Lots of mountains so it can get cool in the higher elevations. On the south island it is moderate and again it can get pretty cool up in the mountains.

It will depend on just where you plan on going but I would bring everything from summer wear to jackets and sweaters in January or February. I've not been there during their winter time July/August so I can't say anything about that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back