New zoom lens?

barfastic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello everyone!

im new round here and im kinda stumped as to what kind of zoom lense to buy. My camera is a Sony a350 (and i already have the 18-70 lens provided with the camera). Im looking for a lens up to 200mm (mostly because the reviews i have read on forums etc suggest that most lens that go up to 300mm get very soft at the max length) my budget is around 250 pounds for that matter, simply bacause i am going to purchase a tamron 90mm di macro lense aswell, and that is going to set me back another 300 pounds.

What lense do you guys recommend?

any ideas, or recommendations? if having to spend around 350 pounds for something that is alot better, i am willing to salvage some cash to wait before i purchase.

also, does anyone know where i can buy an adapter to fit a sigma (nikon fitting) lens to my sony? Ive found a few shops in the us, but one in the uk. any ideas?

The Sony SAL55200 55-200mm lens has had good review. Not expensive.
Not sure about the newer one that is supposed to replace it.

The old Minolta 100-200mm f4.5 is also a good quality lens (not as good as the 70-210mm).

I was considering the 75-300 by Sony, but ive heard many lenses like this get very soft images near the end range. The reason i want this lens is for sports photography, and wildlife photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back