Newbie from Seattle

Nhyrum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've long been fasciated with manual "old school" way of doing things. Recently I've been wanting to get into manual, film photography, and won an x700 off eBay(I would have preferred an am1 (for no real reason, other than I used to be a Canon service technician for printers and copy machines-interesting to see that companies that make photocopy machines also made cameras, but no surprise), but I was able to find the x700 for a bit less, and couldn't pass it up.

I'll probably be taking mostly landscape photographs from the air, I've got a mess of YouTube to watch trying to understand everything, but I'm excited to start learning!

Welcome to our happy little band of Photographers

Les :)

Welcome to the forum.

Roger

Welcome! I suggest you find some good books on photography. Some suggestions are: The Creative Photographer by Andreas Feininger (actuelly, anything by Feininger is good IMHO), and The Book of Photography from National Geographic.
I know, I'm old, but I get far more from books than trying to watch some of the garbage on You Tube.
Be sure to show us your results when available.
I lived in the Seattle area (Burien) back in the early 60's. Lots of good opportunities for landscape work.

Hello and welcome to TPF.

Welcome aboard. There certainly are plenty of interesting places and things out your way.

Welcome to TPF! :) I'm sure you've noticed we have a lot of film enthusiasts here, so you're in good company. Check out the film forum and don't be shy about asking questions!

I'm looking forward to seeing your work. Have fun!

Most reactions

Back