Newbie from Vancouver Island, BC Canada

*starfish*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am new here but Id call myself an amateur photographer. Im from Vancouver Island, BC. Beautiful here.....

I found your forum whilst searching for information about photography. I have been taking pictures with an old Canon Ftb manual film 35mm camera. I started about 10 years ago playing around with this old camera, one of a few remaining items from my fathers estate. I starting seeing things on how they would look as a picture. I have become hooked, and just snapped off hundreds of photos at my own expense in film developing costs. Many kept, many thrown away. Over the last few years, I have been asked to do weddings...done 4 so far, and other paid jobs are starting to come my way. I have played around with B & W and learned my camera well. Ive dabbled in filters, and learned compostional rules.
In sept., I combined my love for photography with my school schedule and am taking some art and Photograpgy classes along with my B. Sc. in Geology. Photography class has been wonderful... Im learning about exposure, print development and lighting techniques. Its nice to have a class, and get some real instruction.

I am going to attach some examples over the years of my work, please critque!!! If you guys are nice ;) maybe you could help inspire or give me ideas for upcoming projects I may post about. Im always wanting to learn about this fabulous art medium !!!

All my pics are huge, can you help?

post-14-1080151134.jpg

welcome to TPF.

Heya, Starfish, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

As for image sizes: it is advisable to re-size your images to a web-friendly maximum 800x600 pixels (in width) but not much smaller than 400x300 (I personally find that already too small), to then save them under "8 - High" (not "12 - maximum"). Sized like that you can upload them into any photo host's site (such as Photobucket) and they will remain untouched.

I saw your pic in the Test Forum ... that one is way too small.
Observe the "8 - high" and you will be fine with your image sizes.

Welcome to TPF!

Most reactions

Back