Newbie Here, Needs Help

To dark.
Not enough light........ Once you get enough light you will have allot of reflection or glare .

You were provided a link to a book above, TiredIron that was a very good piece of advise, and I hope you have ordered it in.

Trying to photograph the toy in the package has major drawbacks. And you will find that out if you ever get enough light on your subject.

We cannot help you if we don't know what mode you are shooting in..................................
What is your shutter speed set at ?
What is your f stop set at ?

Use a flash light ! put a paper towel or tissue over the lens of a flash light and shine it on your subject.
If one flash light is not enough get another one !
Once you get enough light you will have problems with refection or glare.
Flash lights are cheap to cover with linear polarized film but you will need a CPL for your lens.

Shoot in raw and Jpeg, shoot tethered.

With what you got now
I would be in manual mode .
Custom white balance, if you don't know how to set your custom white balance read your manual, or look it up on you tube.
I don't know what lens you are using but I would not go below F 12. I would start with your highest f stop, and use your shutter speed to get your lighting right. Do not go above 400 iso , and I really think it should be set at 200 max.
You have left everyone guessing on what setting you are using.

I also think your camera is to far away from the subject.

$64730d1389987894t-newbie-here-needs-help-test.jpg

Still dark and too red. With levels, choose the white eyedropper and click on the lowest portion of the background.
Then choose the black eyedropper tool and click on the right lower portion of the package which will have a result as the image on the right.

Most reactions

Back