Newbie shots with digicam, what do you think?

lordson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken with my gf's Canon IXUS 70. I've used it before, when i went to the 12 apostles, but this is the second time around, when i started seeing things differently to just PnS.

lordson1

i saw this doorway, and new it would be a good shot for something like this. idealy, i'd have one of the girls which are in the foreground, in the middle of the three

lordson1

I liked how this turned out, the decay of the walls helps

lordson1

this shot took me forever to get right. i saw my gf waving the fan around, and thought what a great arty looking shot it would make. so i pulled out the camera and started snapping. but all the images came out completely blurry, and took me 4-5 goes and a steady hand to get it right. idealy i'd want only the fan to be in blurry motion

lordson1

i thought this would make a good photo, this too also took forever. the camera has to "think" about it for a few seconds and it never turns out quite right. i definately wanted the sun glare there, but the camera always turned the glare off. idealy, i'd want there to be a bit more glare. the blurring was a bit of a fluke, just lucky it turned out to help the shot

lordson1

this may not be too much to look at, but i included it to highlight the limitations of that digicam. I thought it would be nice, seeing sprawling life amongst rubble. There were a dozen butterflies flapping around, and the yellow flowers really stood out on the field. and the glow of the sun, damn, it was a beautiful scene, but the camera failed to capture it. I needed the whole place to look like heaving and shining brightly, bah.

lordson1

i cropped this from another image. it was a bit of a fluke. just took a B&W picture in the dark basically. i think its nice

i know i have alot more to learn. I particularly like, doorways/archways, and playing with lighting.

PS. How come the image doesn't come up? its got the

From memory you need to have
at the end. Alternatively there is the little mountain button to press which you can put your URL in.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Heya Lordson, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
When you copy URLs from Photobucket, always (!) copy the FOURTH line underneath the photos, the one that ALREADY has the -brackets put around the URL ... copying the URL and making use of this forum's Insert-Image-Icon does NOT help - for some odd reason. YOu might want to go and edit your post accordingly?

And after that I will probably move it over to the General Gallery, since The Beginners' Place is more designed to be a Q&A-forum, and the galleries are for showing one's photos, whether you are a beginner to the hobby or to the forum, or a seasoned member or photographer ... no difference :D.

Yep, i experimented alot with Sepia, B&W, Faded Colors, etc. at those temples. sometiems it worked sometimes it didn't.

still have alot of learning to do

I like Sepia and B&W. can't wait till i get my dSLR and can play around with the lighting and exposure more

Most reactions

Back