Newbie with Questions!

d70girl,

Don't despair.

After 2 years of working with my D70 (the predecessor to your model), I'm still learning to use it. The closest I've come to "manual" is switching to manual focus (with all other settings automatic) when the D70 and I disagree on focus.

A class might be your best bet.

I've sought out books on 35mm photography (the principles are all the same in the end) but haven't really found one I like. The "digital handbooks" tend to speak to >editing< an image rather than the mechanics of the camera and photography.

Hi D70 girl. I think all the posts above pretty well cover anything technical I would say and more BUT my advice is to play with your camera, software and pc in combination and get friendly with them. When I first heard this from a dyslexic designer I thought he was being funny. He really found it hard to read and had no patience for it. Instead he used playfulness as a learning strategy and it worked. Give it a go. Enjoy

Hey i got a Nikon N2020 and a d50 is there any recomendations for a good flash i could use on both the 35mm and the digital?

most things seam to be covered so just want to say in the end it dosent realy matter what the pictures are like so long as your having fun. the brilliant thing about digital is that there are no consuables so get out there and start shootin post them in the critiques and will give you a guiding hand if you want.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back