yup talon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been getting more and more into digital photography as of late, and would like to make the best of it so i decided to get some input and advice from the people here at TPF. I've had/used a digital camera for years and have NEVER taken a decent looking picture at night... until now. Got a nice new camera for my birthday a few months ago and decided to go out with my tri-pod and try it. These pictures were all taken locally, using shutter speeds between ¼"-4".

anyways.... critique away! what are your thoughts on my angle? position? shutter speed (light enough?) etc... anything, jsut share your thoughts.

i also urge you to check out my other photos at my website here and let me know what you think via pm or AOL im. (you'll notice that i take a lot of pictures of my car, im prepping for taking pictures for my local car clubs calendar were making.)

HPIM2541smaller.JPG

hpim2309smaller_836.jpg

hpim2199smaller_151.jpg

^^i know this one is a little uneven :( ^^
31555HPIM2327smaller.JPG

I like the first one, however, the building on the right and the pole are both distracting.

The second one seems like it has too much empty space.

The third one seems crooked? I'm not to sure but the shutter speed and such seem to be fine. It captured the way this would have actually looked well.

The final one is over exposed and makes it look fake. The railing on the back is way to light. Needed to have a higher shutter for that one.

Also (not that it bothers me), but you should only be posting one picture at a time in posts in the gallery. I know that JonMikal is probably just waiting to post here and let you know ;)

I know the 3rd one is crooked a little bit. :(

I'm surprised you didnt like the 4th one, I actually thought it was one of my best. I think i do have a couple other shots from that location with a faster shutter speed. This one just seemed so vibrant.

I like the one of the car, the angle and placement make it look fast just sitting there. Nice car btw :)

I like the first one also. The pole is a little in the way, but the shot is cool. Love the reflection in the second, and the lighting on the church. The last one...that is a really good shot. Welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back