Newborn Nest/Baby posing bean bag TUTORIAL

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been getting so many pms and messages about my DIY baby bean bag so I decided to make a tutorial.... and put it on ETSY. If you are a newborn/baby photographer you already know that this is a must have.

Newborn and Baby Bean Bag Sewing Tutorial by Studio418 on Etsy

il_570xN.249791590.jpg

I think the topic would be better if you put FS or ForSale in it and moved this to the Buy & Sell forum.

what if I can't sew? lol how much for the finished product?

I think the topic would be better if you put FS or ForSale in it and moved this to the Buy & Sell forum.

I just saw this now! I had no idea there was a buy and sell forum. Can this get moved to it?

Sabrina, I think I have one of those when I went to college :)

Gotcha. :thumbup:

A bean bag chair and a posing newborn bean bag are two different things :sexywink::greenpbl:

In what way?

its puck shaped and flat on the tops and bottoms... not rounded. So with it fully stuffed, its good for babies to be posed on, instead of having babies sag and sink in a regular bean bag.

So you buy a bean bag, add stuffing to it and it's firmer for the newborn than when you bought it and serves the same purpose as a newborn posing bean bag... Sometimes it is actually better to have their bottom half sink a little bit. It gives them a little more support to have them "pointing up" a little bit rather than be flat... ;)

egh... I have a bean bag with extra filling and the bottom tied off...
Ive used a newborn nest and they are totally different....

I dont have a machine. I can't learn another thing at this time.

In what way?

its puck shaped and flat on the tops and bottoms... not rounded. So with it fully stuffed, its good for babies to be posed on, instead of having babies sag and sink in a regular bean bag.

So you buy a bean bag, add stuffing to it and it's firmer for the newborn than when you bought it and serves the same purpose as a newborn posing bean bag... Sometimes it is actually better to have their bottom half sink a little bit. It gives them a little more support to have them "pointing up" a little bit rather than be flat... ;)

People use newborn nests because blankets will be nice and smooth. If the baby needs support, just press on the bag which will adjust the fill to prop them up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back