Newborn Photography Help - Hanging in Cheesecloth?

That's more like gauze, not cheesecloth. Try some tulle.

i focus more on photographing people, have seen a similar shot like this before, I think mleek is right, try some tulle.

I am wanting to try a shot like this:

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1112/553150021_9c11c2abbe_m.jpg

I tried this once but could not see the baby as clearly - is it possible my cheese cloth is just too course for this shot? Or is there some secret lighting tip I'm not utilizing? Any help would be wonderful :)

first this shot is a composite, it's at least two shots merged together in PS. Please do NOT try this without knowing how it is really done. The baby is only about 1 to 2 inches off a beanbag chair/cushion and someone's hands are on the baby at all times.

'Cause it's harder than it looks... | Facebook

MWC2 said:
first this shot is a composite, it's at least two shots merged together in PS. Please do NOT try this without knowing how it is really done. The baby is only about 1 to 2 inches off a beanbag chair/cushion and someone's hands are on the baby at all times.

'Cause it's harder than it looks... | Facebook

I was going to say the same thing......
Same as with the popular head in hands pose!

it is cheesecloth. It is strong enough.

It is cheese cloth... but please do NOT attempt a shot like this if you don't know what you are doing.

Have you not seen the mess swirling around facebook yesterday?

You need an assistant, if you want this shot. NOT MOM, NOT DAD, but someone you have trained and knows what they are doing....

ababysean said:
It is cheese cloth... but please do NOT attempt a shot like this if you don't know what you are doing.

Have you not seen the mess swirling around facebook yesterday?

You need an assistant, if you want this shot. NOT MOM, NOT DAD, but someone you have trained and knows what they are doing....

What mess? I am concentrating on newborn photography and this interest me, I have not done this pose before, by the time 2 hrs are done with my sessions I already have enough great pics to choose from.

Yes find someone who is trained to do this with the first few times. You need 3 people including yourself. I know some that use 4 but you can get away with 3.

There is going to be a baby photography seminar on creative live. It's free if you have the time or you can buy it afterward. She supposably is going to take you step by step through the process. And no, don't use regular cheese cloth it is not strong enough and babies may have a reaction to the fabric. You need to look for the right fabric and wash it in dreft or the like to make it safe for baby.

Dreft always made my babies break out... just sayin' That stuff is so ridden with chemicals and smelly stuff.....

It is cheesecloth but it is not the kind you buy at walmart in the bag hanging next to the spoons. You need high quality thick cheesecloth purchased in a kitchen store, not bed bath and beyond, in a high quality kitchen store. They also sell it online. But if you don't know this, you probably should not attempt to hang babies in anything until you've a bit more practice and reading up on the industry...

This thread delivers
bigthumb.gif

I'm sorry if I sound like a ***** but newborn safety gets me going! :)

come on.. mom holding the cheesecloth is fine. Lift the baby like a couple inches from the bed and photoshop.

Most reactions

Back