Newborn Pics for C&C please

Natural_Disaster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It didn't work out as well as i had hoped. Here are a few i was able to save...after editing. Focus is horrible..lighting was horrible..just all in all not good. Had a hard time explaining to the parents why some things wouldn't work but they insisted i try anyway..Like putting the baby right against the backdrop, taking from certain angles..etc. Was kinda frustrating. But the they are happy with the ones i edited (total of 15) and are having some prints made so it wasn't a total waste..
Info as far as settings prob wont do much good since there has been so much editing...but ill give it anyway...
Keep in mind im very new to all of this....;)

#1 F4.5 ISO 800 10/600
4357630136_afbd25f4a0_o.jpg

#2 F4.2 ISO 200 10/2000
4357629726_0a9815cb88_o.jpg

#3 F4.2 ISO 800 10/600
4357630044_f638721cb3_o.jpg

Cute shots.

I don't like the very strong vignetting.

The baby doesn't look comfortable in the second shot...looks like the skin around is being pulled up by the dads finger.

I bet you learned a lot doing this, and couldn't you go back to try some more?

Sure you can edit them if you want! I actually already lightened it some...it was very very dark!
And yes i can go back for more! They only live about a mile from me so its no problem at all. Which is great because i have a test subject any time i want to take some shots!
I have 3 kids of my own....they love to have their picture taken..but only if they are allowed to be goofy!

I am liking the second one the most.

For me...
1 is too busy - Baby, towel, lining, basket. And doesn't really catch the face.
2 bit too dark but nice and simple, catchlights in the eyes - I like it.
3. hands on a baby. i dont really get this one.

just my 2 cents .

cheers

Most reactions

Back