Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

inditiger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone!

It's Prashant from India. I am a hobbyist photographer. I love clicking images. By the critics I got from my Facebook album, I've decided to take it a bit seriously.
I am planing to get myself a real camera. So far I'v been using mostly P&S and occasionally some friend's SLR
I am yet unable to decide if I like Macro more or Portraits or Nature or something else..
I really need some pro advice for my first real camera. I am kinda short on budget. Rs.2500 to 2800/- max. (around $500 that is the starting range here in India)
I am confused between Sony NEX-5K/B and Nikon D3100.
NEX-5K/B is much more compact and lightweight which is really good for me. Coz I love to go on bike-trips. This one will be really handy for those.
D3100 on the other hand looks more convincing. Plus no need to get the mount adapter. (which is a must if I wanna upgrade from 18-55/18-200 with NEX-5K/B)

So now you know.. Please help me choosing one of these..

Thanks! :)

Get the Nikon.

Sony does not offer you the range of lenses and the quality which Nikon does.

This Forum Sucks! :thumbdown:

No IT DOESNT.

Patience is one of the most rewarding things you should be having especially when you are trying to learn or when you are depending on others ...

none of these people are bound to reply you back in a set time.. if they didnt reply it simply means your question is wrong..

one of the main things other than skill you will learn to have with a hobby of any kind is patience... practice patience and you get your answers .. if not .. you'd probably end up learning all by your experimentation ...

Good Luck ...

and my choice would be nikon

I know it doesn't. :)

Got a couple of replies from that post and non from waiting.. ;)

Anyways, Thanks! I was also thinking of getting the Nikon.

Peace! ☮

You have to think about this - do you want more ease of use (more buttons without going through lots of menus) or less size?

In this case I'd go with the Nikon, also. There are advantages to the NEX, but none which you will benefit from aside from weight. You will loose all lens control with the Nikon adapter on the NEX. NEX is great if you're into old manual focus lenses, but otherwise you're better with the D3100.

There will be a Nikon 1 to F-mount adapter. But the Nikon 1 is such a dopey platform with it's sub-4/3 sized sensor I wouldn't recommend that either.

I had a nikon 1 it wasn't very good on the pic quality but it completely replaced my Sony camcorder. In the end I returned it and bought a Sony 5N which I'm happy with. as I already own a D300 and a D40x, I'm good on the dslr side.

A Sony a33 is leaps and bounds ahead of the D3100. IF you can find one for a decent price. It's also one of the lightest and smallest DSLR's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back