NEX to be full frame?

Yes I would think new glass would be a have to. Knowing Sony only two lenses and you are good..lol

What about glass? I assumed that all of the nex mount lens released so far are designed for crop sensors.

This could be an interesting camera.

There are rumors of some kind of A/E hybrid mount, perhaps a helical which twists to provide for full frame alpha mount lenses. Of course there is plenty of full from Leica M and M39 glass out there, without AF.

I think a full frame NEX would be successful for no other reason than lack of competition.

Well I for one would rather have an A mount full frame. Current E mount lenses are just, well, need to be better than what they are. What's the point of full frame and so so lenses?

The idea behind the E-mount FullFrame cameras is to be compatible with current E-mount lenses (in crop mode) with A-mount lenses (with special adapter)

(SR5) There will be not a new native E-mount Full Frame lens system! The cameras are E-A mount hybrid (and more…) | sonyalpharumors)

I think this is certainly a good route to take. It makes sense financially as well.

Most reactions

Back