NHRA - Englishtown, NJ

W-7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some pictures from the June 21, 2008 NHRA qualifying at Englishtown, NJ. Please let me know what you think.

The day ended on a tragic note. Two-time NHRA champion Scott Kalitta died in an on-track accident. As a result of that accident, the NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) shortened the length of Top Fuel and Funny Car races from 1/4 mile to 1,000 feet. This was done to give the vehicles more room to stop at the end of the track.

Top Fuel cars reach 300 MPH, and complete their pass down the track in less than 5 seconds.

DSC_2628a.jpg

DSC_2678a.jpg

DSC_2673a.jpg

DSC_2764a.jpg

DSC_2782a.jpg

DSC_2710a.jpg

Track maintenance:

DSC_2872a.jpg

Some fans:

DSC_2528.jpg

And some pictures of our fellow photographers:

DSC_2929a.jpg

DSC_2950a.jpg

DSC_2871a.jpg

Cool, I love photos with tyre smoke from the burnout :) How did you do number 6, did you zoom out as you took the pic? To get that with a Top Fuel is great, was it moving at the time or waiting to back up after a burn out? Have tried that kind of zoom out thing myself a few times but never got any usable result ;-)

Thanks! Yes, I zoomed out as the shutter was firing. The car was standing still, if I remember correctly.

It took a few attempts to get that result....the key was using a slower shutter speed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back