NHRA photos C&C

Yownhouse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! Finally had to blow the dust off my camera and get out there and shoot some more photos. I find it weird that I am uploading photos for C&C while I'm watching the racing that I took pictures at on t.v. Obviously since they don't let you get near the track I couldn't get the best angles for a real "pristine" photo but let me know what you think.

Also, I've been playing around with Light room. Now I know there are mixed opinions on post processing of a photo and I myself am pretty mixed on it but if you guys would like to share with me how far is too far in post processing that would be great! Thanks in advance.

DSC05261.jpg

2 I've grown up around drag racing my entire life (20 years) and I know that people who have never seen this are just amazed by the torque put on these wheels.
DSC05256.jpg

DSC05240.jpg

1. doesnt do anything at all. whatever is in the shot has no significance or idea behind it to make the shot worthy

2. it looks poorly composed. why have that much space around the back and cut off the front? 2/3 of that car all the way on the eft and 1/3 empty space on the right would make it a lot better shot

3. prolly the best of the bunch. straight to the point. great capture of what drag race feel is all about. would be even better if you blurred the background a little to emphasize the cars more.

love it or hate it, my 2 cents

1. doesnt do anything at all. whatever is in the shot has no significance or idea behind it to make the shot worthy

2. it looks poorly composed. why have that much space around the back and cut off the front? 2/3 of that car all the way on the eft and 1/3 empty space on the right would make it a lot better shot

3. prolly the best of the bunch. straight to the point. great capture of what drag race feel is all about. would be even better if you blurred the background a little to emphasize the cars more.

love it or hate it, my 2 cents

Thanks for the input! I would agree with you on 1 and 2. It's hard to capture the picture of the tire doing that when the cars go from 0-100 in less than a second. also it was really hard to make pictures less busy when you're sitting in the stands. ESPN and their camera crews and the pit men are constantly doing something to the car whether it's in the pits or on the track ready to go.

1- vignetting isn't necessary. It ruins the picture, IMO
2- There's no real subject here and looks really busy
3- Probably the best of the three, but still underexposed.

I'm a huge fan of NHRA myself, always have and always will. I dig the first photo the most and the third is really cool too.

Most reactions

Back