Niagara Falls landscape photographs

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
The other thread is 'family snapshots' type stuff, these are the more artsy landscape shots I made. Lots of fog, lots of misting rain, so not a ton of photography opportunity in the day and a half we were there, but still got some good ones nonetheless:

American Falls, dusk:
IMG_0344_edited_RS.jpg

American Falls, night:
IMG_0345_edited_RS.jpg

Canadian Horseshoe Falls, from our hotel room at the Sheridan Fallsview:
IMG_0311_edited_RS.jpg

2sec exposure during the fog:
IMG_0405_edited_RS.jpg

Great work! Especially considering you hand held those. Shame on you for not having a tripod.

I had the tripod on the 2nd day, but there was so much fog we couldn't even see the falls. :cry: The first night was just stretching the legs after being in the car for 8 hrs. Little did I know it'd be my only chance at good night shots of the falls. :?

Ahh well, like Kel said--it gives us a good excuse to go back in a year or two!

fog pic is cool!

Sorry to bring back an old topic but what settings did you use for those first two photos. They both look great. I've been meaning to take some waterfall photos with longer exposures but haven't gotten around to it yet. Some tips as how to get that kind of look would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

George

Did anyone else notice that the last picture says "Konica" and "Minolta" at the top of the tower? Was that intentional?

Sharky! Did you cropp those first photos or they are panoramas?

George W. Bush said:
Sorry to bring back an old topic but what settings did you use for those first two photos. They both look great. I've been meaning to take some waterfall photos with longer exposures but haven't gotten around to it yet. Some tips as how to get that kind of look would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

George

Both shots of the falls are ISO 100, 1.3s, f4.5, shot hand-held. They both took some brightening in post, and hence some color adjustment. They were taken about 15 minutes apart. The first at dusk, the 2nd after dusk with the falls lights on. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back