NIAGARA FALLS! Slowly, I turned...

DennyCrane

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Up at Niagara Falls a couple weeks ago. Temperatures were in the negative single digits, the sky clear... perfect conditions for some good pictures and some frost bite.

IMG_5873rars.jpg

IMG_5869rars.jpg

IMG_5849rars.jpg

IMG_5855ars.jpg

NFalls1rs.jpg

Beautiful photos, place is stunning in the winter. Last time I was there the fences were covered in ice looking all magical and I didn't have a DSLR at the time. :(

Lol@the thread title ...Abbot and Costello. You date yourself. :)

Close, but no cigar. :sexywink: I believe you were looking for "The Three Stooges".

nope. Abbott and Costello. Slowly I turned, step by step.

Please do a little research before correcting someone ;)

One of my most favorite episodes, never missed one or a movie. Yes, I am that old...and good :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, both famously did the Niagara Falls bit... and neither invented it. It was an older Vaudevillian routine.

But yeah, the Falls is an amazing place to photograph. I'll be hitting up the Canadian side pretty soon, now that I finally got my enhanced, Homeland Security Approved, border-crossing-friendly drivers license. The Canadian side is FAR more scenic. Stay Tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow! I love the stooges (not as much as Costello) but never saw that one! Nobody's wrong, hooray!

Hey you knew what he was saying, so you just dated yourself....:lol:

Nice pics.......I've been there in the fall and it was dang cold. I would love to go back when it is warmer!

It's amazing to think people used to try to go over the falls in barrels...lol Did you take the tour while you were there?

I was there in 1965 or 66. I remember going under the falls, they had a passage that took you under the precipice in a cave behind the falls, you had to wear rain gear.

wow! I love the stooges (not as much as Costello) but never saw that one! Nobody's wrong, hooray!

Sweet! I was only familiar with the Stooges version, but I also love Abbot Costello. Now I can add their version of the routine to my "I love it file". I teach, you learn. You teach, I learn. And I thank you for it. Ain't life grand?!? :lol:

Hey you knew what he was saying, so you just dated yourself....:lol:

Nice pics.......I've been there in the fall and it was dang cold. I would love to go back when it is warmer!

It's amazing to think people used to try to go over the falls in barrels...lol Did you take the tour while you were there?
I'm a local- I live south of Buffalo so, I was the tour guide.. The girlfriend is from California, so she'd a) never seen the Falls and b) never seen accumulated snow on the ground or c) experienced -10°F temperatures. So, it was quite the experience for her.
I was there in 1965 or 66. I remember going under the falls, they had a passage that took you under the precipice in a cave behind the falls, you had to wear rain gear.
That would be the Cave of the Winds. It's amazing.

Hey, good to finally find someone from my area. I live in Batavia, which is like 30 minutes east of Buffalo. The falls really are gorgeous this time of year. I've been meaning to take a trip up there to take some photos, but it hasn't happened yet lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back