Nicca IIIa

Don't see many of those anymore. Nice piece.

Nice unique rangefinder, and nice photos of it. Certainly deserves the repair and a shoot.

Nicca's got really overpriced on eBay ... they always get good price ... I could never land one, even broken.

Good lord, was there ever a more blatant Leica III-series copy made?

Here's a detail shot of the inscriptions. Gave me a reason to play with my macro lens. lol

Nicca IIIa by Michael Long, on Flickr

Note the focal plane locator. Apparently that's not common.

Good lord, was there ever a more blatant Leica III-series copy made?

Well there were cameras based on the III series that were even better made and more legitimately based on on Leitz/Leica technology and with better lenses - the Reid cameras manufactured by Reid and Sigrist in Leicester in the UK, with lenses made by TT&H (Cooke).

Back when I was at University (the first time) a company, A W Young, acquired all the residual parts and part built cameras left after production ceased and were able to have quite a number of cameras assembled and finished with their TTH lenses. I still have the magazine adverts, they weren't expensive but as a student I hadn't enough spare cash even though I realised then these were bargains.

The Reid cameras were made after British companies were given access to Leitz as part of war reparations, we also had the MPP Microcords and Microflex based on Rollei cameras, and the MPP MicroTechnical cameras based on Linhofs, and the Agiflex based on the Reflex Korelle.

Ian

I have rather a lot of Japanese Asahi shutter curtain material, enough for a few thousand 35mm shutters :D

So if you fancy doing your own repair, let me know, I should have said yesterday a great looking camera.

Ian

Most reactions

Back