Nice collection of old American photos.

I think it's been posted here, and not too long ago.

I really enjoyed the shot of the planes being built.
Thanks for posting Mike! You always find these cool stories.:thumbup:

Well I have not seen this before - but WOW, this is interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing Mike

Yeah, some fantastic old pictures there. This was posted about 10 days ago, maybe a bit longer than that...still--WELL worth a look. A good number of those have been lifted from the site Shorpy.com, which is one of my favorite sites. I LOVE looking at old photographs...they're wonderful things.

If there is a takeaway, a lesson from sites like these it is this: 1) documentary-style photographs, or even just snapshots of real life, take on an air of added significance as time moves on and 2) Even the most dull,mundane, and boring daily activities, things you have done a thousand or ten thousand times before, like crank-starting your Maxwell car, or tying the horse to the steel tethering ring on the sidewalk in front of the cobbler's shop, or watching the old black men sitting out in front of the barbershops to chat,whittle,play harmonica, and wait for their 15-cent haircuts--all that dull, daily living stuff...well, some day that will be FASCINATING to anybody who sees your photos.

Oh wait...you kill-filed all that mundane stuff to save space on the hard drives....nevermind...it was just digital debris, right?

Yeah, some fantastic old pictures there. This was posted about 10 days ago, maybe a bit longer than that...still--WELL worth a look. A good number of those have been lifted from the site Shorpy.com, which is one of my favorite sites. I LOVE looking at old photographs...they're wonderful things.

If there is a takeaway, a lesson from sites like these it is this: 1) documentary-style photographs, or even just snapshots of real life, take on an air of added significance as time moves on and 2) Even the most dull,mundane, and boring daily activities, things you have done a thousand or ten thousand times before, like crank-starting your Maxwell car, or tying the horse to the steel tethering ring on the sidewalk in front of the cobbler's shop, or watching the old black men sitting out in front of the barbershops to chat,whittle,play harmonica, and wait for their 15-cent haircuts--all that dull, daily living stuff...well, some day that will be FASCINATING to anybody who sees your photos.

Oh wait...you kill-filed all that mundane stuff to save space on the hard drives....nevermind...it was just digital debris, right?

Derrel - well said!

Love old photos...

Modern people are the people of today...

nyfashionista.jpg

Meet the kitchenistas — New Yorkers who store their clothes in ovens and fridges - NYPOST.com

The old timers were the people of next year....

01_theb1365.jpg

40fs.jpg

10157r.jpg

well.jpg

11974r.jpg

prairiehj.jpg

The20corn20and20sunflowers20grew20tall20in20those20days20Richard20Eug.jpg

Making20the20Hay20Stack20194320CHS.jpg

mus_MIAS.jpg

sod-house-1.jpg

10140r.jpg

14064r.jpg