Nice day in Gothenburg

Pretty interesting shot. I like the motion given away in this one, but it would be nice to have the RHS back...it done got chopped;)

How is the sharpness of Pentax lens in this camera ? Some lenses of the P&S are pretty good.
Interesting location, but I think it calls for Chamonix mounted on very high tripod to get better perspective and avoid that feel of flatness.

How is the sharpness of Pentax lens in this camera ? Some lenses of the P&S are pretty good.
Interesting location, but I think it calls for Chamonix mounted on very high tripod to get better perspective and avoid that feel of flatness.

The Espio MiNi has quite the nice lens for a small compact camera.
But yes a 4x5" is better in most cases but maybe not the most practical and not the most fun to carry around a whole day.
You also usually need to stop down the lens a lot so you don't get a really small DOF which often gives to long exposures when you have moving people in the shot.
If I used the Chamonix with the paper neg + a filter in this shot I would get a exposure of around 4-8 sec at f/22.
In this case it would still work but most city shots it would problaly not be ideal.
Not to mention that it takes 5 min + to set up a camera like that.

The saying that the best camera is the one you have with you holds up quite well.
Even if that is a small compact camera.

Pretty interesting shot. I like the motion given away in this one, but it would be nice to have the RHS back...it done got chopped;)

Glad you like it and thanks for the nice comment.
Guess you mean that the right side's little turn is chopped?
I quite like that and it comes back in the bottom.
You would also get more of the somewhat boring rocks on the right side if you moved more back.

BKSPicture;31373 But yes a 4x5" is better in most cases but maybe not the most practical and not the most fun to carry around a whole day. You also usually need to stop down the lens a lot so you don't get a really small DOF which often gives to long exposures when you have moving people in the shot. If I used the Chamonix with the paper neg + a filter in this shot I would get a exposure of around 4-8 sec at f/22. In this case it would still work but most city shots it would problaly not be ideal. Not to mention that it takes 5 min + to set up a camera like that. [/QUOTE said:
Agree, view cameras are not the most practical, yet they deliver unsurpassed quality.
But the is the whole idea, small, compact camera and in my case it is a compact digital for speed and cost, is a great scouting tool to look for possibility. If something looks promising then 4x5 might be deployed. And maybe with a negative film rather, than paper. In cases of this scene I would see high mount 2-2.5 meters above the ground with front board tilted downwards for this great DoF needed for that shot and perspective. In this depatment view camera is really hard to beat.

Agree, view cameras are not the most practical, yet they deliver unsurpassed quality.
But the is the whole idea, small, compact camera and in my case it is a compact digital for speed and cost, is a great scouting tool to look for possibility. If something looks promising then 4x5 might be deployed. And maybe with a negative film rather, than paper. In cases of this scene I would see high mount 2-2.5 meters above the ground with front board tilted downwards for this great DoF needed for that shot and perspective. In this depatment view camera is really hard to beat.

Very true and it happens quite often that I revisit places to take a shot with the big guns :)
But that is not as easy when your on a trip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back