Night Picture w/o tripod

rfosness88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a night shot of a town that my girlfriend lives in, Fort Atkinson. I didn't have a tripod, but i did my best. Any suggestions to liven the shot up or anything, or anything else I could have done?
It looks like the color balance is too hot, but when i cool it down, the lights under the bridge and the bottom of the bridge gets very blue, I guess I could just select the top half of the image and adjust the temperature that way?

IMG_2321.jpg

I agree very nice shot without a tripod. You can try using a tripod next time and see the differents. What settings did you use? Looks like you took a long exposure, so i'm gonna guess you stood still for a while, or leaned against something. Great shot tho.

Thanks guys.
3.0 seconds at F/4.5, ISO 100
I had my neck strap on, so I held the camera stretched in front of me, which tightened the straps, so I was able to keep it pretty still. I have a cheap tripod, but havnt really used it much, I'm just not used to being seen in public with a tripod, it's not everyday you see a 20yr old walking around with a tripod, idk it seems kinda weird to normal people for some reason...they always stare and look offended...like im taking their picture or something.

Thanks guys.
3.0 seconds at F/4.5, ISO 100
I had my neck strap on, so I held the camera stretched in front of me, which tightened the straps, so I was able to keep it pretty still. I have a cheap tripod, but havnt really used it much, I'm just not used to being seen in public with a tripod, it's not everyday you see a 20yr old walking around with a tripod, idk it seems kinda weird to normal people for some reason...they always stare and look offended...like im taking their picture or something.

I feel exactly opposite. I love to shoot in public, people do stare at me but that doesn't bother me at all. :lol:
And as always relax while taking pictures so that you do not appear suspicious object ;)

If you really want to do this stuff, it takes a little getting used to people watching you and wondering what you are doing. I shoot in public all the time with big lenses, tripods and fill flash. I get lots of questions like, "Is this going to be on TV?" and "Do you work for the newspaper?" Just a part of the deal.

That's a pretty darn good shot for not using a tripod, but if you want to do a lot of night photography I'd suggest using one.

I am a 14yr old, and usually shoot with all of my mentioned kit, so I get a few very odd looks.

The pic however is fine, I would like it as just the bridge.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back