What's new

Night shot

HeryHe

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 24, 2010
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Location
DKI. Jakarta, Indonesia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,
Here I'd like to share some photos that were taken last night with my friends,
and I need your suggestions and comments about those photos whether they are too dark or not. Thanks.

1.



2.
 
i like them except the stars the light creating, and that's prob because of a high F number
 
i like them except the stars the light creating, and that's prob because of a high F number
Many thanks for the comment Davor. I used F22 and ISO 100.


Technically great, but the composition is not that exciting.
Many thanks for the comment Mersad.. yes I do really need to improve the composition. Most of the time, I am confused how to create a great composition while taking a picture..For sure, I am sort of a newbie at photography. 5 Months I've been learning about photography by myself. Any input that can improve my skill, that would be a great.
 
Jakarta 1st high rise building on the right. Hotel Indonesia.
 
like the scond one, but a little too much black for my tast.
i would have went with a little higher ISO, longer shutter or wider ap, or any combination of all three.
 
like the scond one, but a little too much black for my tast.
i would have went with a little higher ISO, longer shutter or wider ap, or any combination of all three.

Thanks for the comment, thingsIsee. Yes I do think so.. I used the lowest ISO 100, and next time, I'll use ISO 400 to get more light.
 
I'd say keep the iso at 100. If crop; f/8, if FF; f/11 and you will have enough DOF. You'll still get those "stars" but they wont be as pronounced.
In terms of brightness; I'm not sure if it's because its a built up city but I can normally get some colour gradient across the sky so it's not as dark of an image. I'd try a couple of longer exposures even if it means blowing out your highlights more.
The composition isn't that interesting for the areas which are lit. In the first shot the skyscraper 1/3 from the right looks like it could be interesting with a darker foreground (so it's lighter itself) but in this shot you have just cropped the top it seems...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom