What's new

Night shots

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
1,191
Reaction score
108
Location
Phoenix Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is school for me here. please let me know what I can do better in quality. The dock was 1 hour after i bought my camera.
1st one was on a whim. 2 sec exposure. how can i cut down on the noise for a long exposure?
any good hints for night time shoots?
1st picture is the first shot took with SLR in 20 years.
2nd going down the road wondering what a longer exposer might look like. and hmm .. cars.

021.jpg


IMG_1247.jpg
 
you shot the first one at 1600 iso... drop it to 1-200 and just use a longer exposure... you're using a tripod right?
 
Yes, I use a tripod whenever i can. I keep one in my car at all times. I understood for low light shots use a high ISO with the chance of noise. When would you use a 1200 or 1600 ISO? Ill go back tonight I think and try some different things. thanks man. Your all over this forum!
 
use the higher iso's when you need a faster shutter speed (like to stop motion in lower lit areas), however, when shooting from a tripod just leave it at 100 and use a longer exposure...like 10, 20, even 30 seconds or more.
 
first one is pretty good. I agree with what is said above, you need to use a low iso. 100 or so.

you will only want to use the higher iso when you aren't using your tripod and have to make up for a faster shutter speed in darker situations.
 
I went back last night to try some lower iso's and mess around more. I wasnt as lucky for conditions as the first time so i will keep trying.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom