Night Structures (C&C always Welcome)

Windyplains04

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had my tripod in the trunk of my car and decided to spend some time taking photos at 430am after work. C&C is always welcome, I'm always looking to improve.

1. That puff of whatever is visually irritating IMO, thoughts?
DSC_0018.jpg

2. Foot Bridge I take to work
DSC_0022-1.jpg

DSC_0023-1.jpg

4. Better in colour?
DSC_0024-1.jpg

5. Graveyard, Needs slight rotation IMO
DSC_0032.jpg

Enjoy!

I like 3 but think it needs a little more contrast to make that bridge really pop out from the background.

1. I like it. The "puff" adds another element to the photo, that does not necessarily follow traditional appeal.
2. My favorite of the bunch. Very crisp and I like the cropping down to a banner.
3 and 4. I prefer the black and white version. It just appeals to my eyes more.
5. I would have rather seen a landscape shot of this. There is too much "nothing" at the top, and you are right about needing a little rotation.

Hello,

I am about to begin work on a similar project for a client of mine. From what I can tell there will be significant overlap in terms of features.

done some post processing with your pic. Hope you wont mind.

dsc00241wbsh.jpg

can i ask where is that Bridge is

I wanna say Detroit.
At least there is a bridge very similar there, near the Visitors Welcome and Information Center, in Mexican Town.

[EDIT] after searching, it's not, but probably the same designer.

My favorite is #3 and I would NOT change the contrast. The tones are gorgeous.

The colour version (either one) doesn't do anything for me.

#2 I would have cropped some of the left and added to the right. And of course, I would not have cut off the top of the bridge/put it so near the edge of the image.

I really like these :)
Out of 3 and 4 I much prefer the black and white version.

Where were these shots taken?

I really like #2. The only thing I would suggest is to move the shot to the right a little bit. The emptiness on the left of the bridge distracts me.

Nice, crisp shots!

Looks similar to a bridge that's in Winnipeg

Most reactions

Back