night time industrial

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
taken along Burlington Street, in Hamilton.

DSC_71900952websize.jpg

DSC_71810957websize.jpg

DSC_71720955websize.jpg

DSC_71630953websize.jpg

DSC_71710954websize.jpg

thanks for looking!

That was my old Job!!!

I used to deliver Industrial Supplies to all those places in Hamilton. Defasco, Stelco...blaaah...the list goes on.

Man, these pics bring back memories.

Nice shots. I actually have a few that I took in that area during the day while on my route. They were all B+W and didn't really turn out that well. Got a few that I liked though.

well done Ray. i love the capture of these type facilities during operation...gives a better sense of what it's all about seeing a bit of action :thumbup:

i love the idea, but i can't help feel that these are just a little underexposed (except for the 4th one). I realise that a longer exposure would have blown out the flames, but I can't help feeling that a little more ambient backlightling would have defined those interesting shapes a little more.

Edit: I just looked through them again, and have decided that your treatment of the subject is unique and interesting, they have more merit than i first thought. Good work.

1 and 4 are the best.

cool shots, i like #4, the colors are awsome

Cool series Ray. I especially like #4. Maybe crop in from the left of #1 to about where the steam starts?

i love the blue tones in the 4th! like the exposure... nice shots ray :D
thanks for sharing

thanks everyone.. this industrial road has a few over passes, at 1 AM friday night, after shooting the band Marr, I stopped the car, put the 4 ways on, and fired away at 3 different positions, using the roof of the car for a tripod.. I didn't mess with them too much in PS, mainly because I like my pics to represent what my eyes have seen, as best I can. Does that make me a realist? I dunno, I just like doing thing to the best of my abilities, and try to get better.

Whoa! Must let my husband see these! He'll love them!
He'll best love the flare! That one was bright and large. Whoooo!
Great how it silhouettes the columns and pipelines in Photo 1 and illuminates the - vapour, it is, ok? Not smoke (I hope).

And the colours of Photo 4 are very pleasing, too! You captured some nice reflections on the railings and tanks in that one, too. Very nice.

Thanks LaFoto.. I am sure there is tonns of smoke coming from these stacks, Hamilton being a steel town has a reputation in Canada and abroad for its pollution. On a still muggy night in the summer, this is tha last last you want to be out jogging.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back