Nikanon??

SuperDuperBrooke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found an old Nikanon YN300 camera at grandparents house. Don’t know anything about film cameras. Anyone shoot with this or have any helpful info? Anything helps lol thank you

This is a cheap, basic point and shoot camera. I would consider it a toy camera. Probably would be fun to shoot but don't expect any quality images from it. Might get more interesting images from it due to the lack of control and the plastic lens.

I must admit I'd never heard of Nikanon. I thought it was a joke.:)

I can't find anything on line. I'm sure you found the same. Maybe it's a Russian knock off. Can you post a photo showing camera detail?

These were made with many names and with company logs as give aways. Somewhere I have one with a Ford motor company logo as my Pop got it way back in the day for a test drive.
This image is from Google.......
8YzXez2.jpg

Looks like basically a Kodak Instamatic type deal but with roll film instead of the drop-in cartridge. No controls other than winding and rewinding the film.

These were made with many names and with company logs as give aways. Somewhere I have one with a Ford motor company logo as my Pop got it way back in the day for a test drive.
This image is from Google.......
8YzXez2.jpg
I see them in almost every thrift store, antique shop here in Michigan. A lot them are marketed for Time magazine, they were a give away when you bought a subscription. It was marketing trickery to say the least. I have to admit, I have one in the box just waiting for me to load it, I paid $1.50 for it...:lol:

It looks like a good old point and shoot. It does says it has an optical glass lens, plus it has some degree of adjustment on the lens barrel. I would run a roll of film through it just for fun. Probably best on a bright day. I cannot tell if the frosted glass window next to the view finder is a flash or just for show.

I will also add, beware that messing with film can be contagious. :) :)

I don’t know if gimmick isn’t the correct word, but neither is it a decent camera.

I used to buy these by the hundred for weekend sales and give them away.

I’ve ran film through them, they have ... f6 I think ... a very slow lens.

The lens ‘adjusts’ to NEAR and FAR ... but if one has an understanding of depth of field as it relates to distance, one can actually get a decent photo at times.

Oh ... don’t let the weight fool you, it has a metal weight inside glued to the base inside.

Very often found at that time, the device due to its cheapness, I would not advise you to perceive it as a professional equipment that can add to your portfolio of good photographs from the "Old School".
But you can practice on it before you buy a similar camera of higher quality, but no more.

Most reactions

Back