Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 or another brand?

If prime will work for you then by all means get it, I envy you for being so patience and committed
I know your reply wasn't directed to my post, but in the same subject, to add to my previous post, the reason I use these three primes and not a lens like a 24-70 is that they are good and sharp at f/2. If there was a 28-85mm f/2 lens that was sharp at f/2 then I'd definitely consider it instead :) An f/2.8 lens is just not "fast" enough.

The Nikon 24-70mm lens is possibly the most popular among decent or better wedding/event photographers here (or anyone who will invest in one as opposed to something cheaper). More than a few photographers here report issues with it, such as being particularly sensitive to bumps, etc. However weddings in my country are usually a wild zoo (luckily I almost never go to any of those and will never shoot one), so it is some of the most risky places for lenses... it's likely to get damage more than most other lenses.

If prime will work for you then by all means get it, I envy you for being so patience and committed
I know your reply wasn't directed to my post, but in the same subject, to add to my previous post, the reason I use these three primes and not a lens like a 24-70 is that they are good and sharp at f/2. If there was a 28-85mm f/2 lens that was sharp at f/2 then I'd definitely consider it instead :) An f/2.8 lens is just not "fast" enough.

The Nikon 24-70mm lens is possibly the most popular among decent or better wedding/event photographers here (or anyone who will invest in one as opposed to something cheaper). More than a few photographers here report issues with it, such as being particularly sensitive to bumps, etc. However weddings in my country are usually a wild zoo (luckily I almost never go to any of those and will never shoot one), so it is some of the most risky places for lenses... it's likely to get damage more than most other lenses.

I think I know what you are talking about but luckily in my wedding everybody behaved ok :)
נחמד לראות פה ישראלים

I rented the Tamron, the Sigma and the Nikkor 24-70 and bought the Nikkor....but later sold it for the 70-200 2.8. I wish I had it back at times but I have all the in between primes, so why bother.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back