Nikkor 70-300mm for Nikon D60

denshot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First time poster and novice Nikon D60 user.

Am I correct in assuming this lens:
AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED (4.3x)

on this camera:
Nikon D60

The VR "Vibration Reduction" feature will NOT work?

Any and all comments and help appreciated.

The VR is in the lens, not the camera. I have the same lens and use it on a D40x (the model before the D60, but practically the same camera) and the VR works fine. In fact with that lens everything including autofocus should work on the D60, no problems. HTH

Yes, the VR is in the lens but there also must be the correct electrical connectors between the camera and the lens.
The reason I ask about this is that all the specifications I see for the Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED say that it works with the D40 and the D70 and never mentions the D60 which leads me to believe the VR is not compatible with the D60. I hope I am wrong about this assumtion as I would like to buy the lens but I could go with the older and cheaper 70-300 lens without VR if VR is not going to operate correctly.

The VR will definitely work on the D60. Just remember if you go with an older version though, it will not autofocus on the D60. It must have the DX designation.

Okay, Thank you. I understand about the auctofocus. Just to clarify and confirm, will the VR aspect of this lens operate correctly on my D60?

all the specifications I see for the Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED say that it works with the D40 and the D70 and never mentions the D60
Probably because the lens is older than the D60, and the description hasn't been updated.

That makes good sense. Thank you!
I appreciate the help from all of you.

Most reactions

Back