Nikon 70-200 f4 Petition!

They will not listen. Why should they?

Petitions do not work with big companies like them. And they work even less with big Japanese companies.

This really seems like a silly thing to bring up. If Nikon thought a lens like this would be profitable they would already make it. I think they have great market research with Canon's model.

This is a stupid idea. Clearly you're not worried about fast glass, so what's another stop to you. They make a perfectly fine 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 VR. It is a professional goldring lens so right up there with Canon's L series.

Do you really think any amount of partitioning in the world is going to convince a company to spend countless R&D dollars to get a 1/3 - 2/3rd stop increase in speed and at the same time sacrifice half the zooming range?

The arguement is better spent trying to get them to bring back the 28mm f/1.4 because I'm sick of people winging about crop factor.

I for one am definatly signing the thing. I would love to see the Nikonian Newbs asking "Nikon makes the 70-200 f4, the 70-200 f4VR, the 70-200.2.8 and the 70-200 f2.8VR. Which one is right for me. :confused:?"

As a Canon shooter It will be fun to sit back and laugh at someone else for a change. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back