Nikon 70-300MM F4-5.6 ED

For a D3200. And there is absolutely NO way the wife will let me lay down $300 on a lens.

Why would you need permission from your wife? If it's that bad, just use your own money to buy the lens, not shared money.

Lol, "own money"..... How long have you been married? I don't ask permission either, but I can work all the OT I want, or if I really want something I can't afford I just sell some crap from one of my other ridiculously expensive hobbies. God knows I have enough of them....

So would now be a good time to point out that he who dies with the most toys wins? Lol

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Why would you need permission from your wife? If it's that bad, just use your own money to buy the lens, not shared money.

Lol, "own money"..... How long have you been married? I don't ask permission either, but I can work all the OT I want, or if I really want something I can't afford I just sell some crap from one of my other ridiculously expensive hobbies. God knows I have enough of them....

So would now be a good time to point out that he who dies with the most toys wins? Lol

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

I will agree he who has the most toys can always trade his old toys for new toys if he's broke.

I have my own fun funds.

The lens is sharp and much better than the 55-300
w.png
I used before. It was an excellent lens, fast & auto focus. It's a bit big on size but when you enjoy taking photo nothing matter. Worth it to pay that extra money

For a D3200. And there is absolutely NO way the wife will let me lay down $300 on a lens.

Oh I misunderstood, if you can't afford it, and you're genuinely compromising your ability to contribute to the household or have money for necessities then you definitely don't want to do that. I've been married for a few years. My wife and I contribute to household and family expenses both half and half since we both earn comparable incomes, we also both put in a predetermined amount into mutual savings, retirement savings and vacation savings account, the rest of our income is our business with no permission required from anyone for where it goes, which usually ends up being $500-$600 a month each after all mutual and individual bills are paid.

Anyways, if you really can't save up for the VR version then I guess this lens would be okay, I wouldn't get the 55-200mm, I think you will really enjoy the extra reach of the 70-300, especially when shooting wildlife for which, in my opinion, 200mm is definitely not enough reach. You don't really need VR if you shoot in good lighting with high enough shutter speeds.

Oh I misunderstood, if you can't afford it, and you're genuinely compromising your ability to contribute to the household or have money for necessities then you definitely don't want to do that. I've been married for a few years. My wife and I contribute to household and family expenses both half and half since we both earn comparable incomes, we also both put in a predetermined amount into mutual savings, retirement savings and vacation savings account, the rest of our income is our business with no permission required from anyone for where it goes, which usually ends up being $500-$600 a month each after all mutual and individual bills are paid.

Anyways, if you really can't save up for the VR version then I guess this lens would be okay, I wouldn't get the 55-200mm, I think you will really enjoy the extra reach of the 70-300, especially when shooting wildlife for which, in my opinion, 200mm is definitely not enough reach. You don't really need VR if you shoot in good lighting with high enough shutter speeds.
I'm not the O.P I understand what you are saying I just thought it was funny when you said "use your own money". It sounds like he doesn't have his own money.

Got the Sigma mounted this morning and have been playing with it. I am completely happy with it. It's plenty enough lens for me given my experience/skill level. I know a lot of people complain about it being slow in autofocus but honestly I think it focuses faster than the kit lens I was using. Once the weather improves a bit I will be able to go out and really try to use it.

wow. sounds a lot like us. I've supported my wife since she was eighteen, paid for her college, she worked a few years and the money she made was hers. Most of the years she didn't and doesn't work. And the money I make is hers. We have comparable incomes too, since my income IS her income.

wow. sounds a lot like us. I've supported my wife since she was eighteen, paid for her college, she worked a few years and the money she made was hers. Most of the years she didn't and doesn't work. And the money I make is hers. We have comparable incomes too, since my income IS her income.

Tell me about it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back