What's new

Nikon 85mm 1.8D Prime Lens

TheoGraphics

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
392
Reaction score
202
Location
Houston, Texas
I am thinking about selling my Nikon 85mm 1.8d and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in it. This is my favorite lens in my bag, and I use it probably 75% of the time. Super accurate, super sharp lens that produces some amazing images. You can look at my portfolio on my website, and there's a very good chance that your favorite photo was taken using this lens.


If you're looking for your first prime lens, or something to get those perfectly defocused backgrounds, this is the lens.


There are no scratches on either side of the element - the glass is 100% perfect. It also comes with a UV filter which has protected the lens since I've owned it. There is a scuff on the barrel of the lens, which I've pictured. The lens is in otherwise perfect physical and optical shape, as you can see from the other pics, including the sample photo taken using the lens today.


I'm asking $385


Nikon%2085mm%201.8-1-X2.jpg



Nikon%2085mm%201.8-2-X2.jpg



Nikon%2085mm%201.8-3-X2.jpg



Nikon%2085mm%201.8-6-X2.jpg



Nikon%2085mm%201.8-5-X2.jpg



Nikon%2085mm%201.8-8-X2.jpg
 
Last edited:
I had a mint one listed here and no bites. Everything I've ever had listed here was bought off the FM forums. Good luck!
 
These things are being sold virtually daily on ebay for less than the quoyed $385, which may explain why you're having trouble selling it.
 
I have one of these. It is a great lens and covers the full FX frame. Ayone who shoots "people pictures" needs this lens unless they can afford the 85mm f/1.4 which is even better.

One problem is that this lens requires an in-body focus motor so it will not auto-focus on an entry level Nikon body.
 
These things are being sold virtually daily on ebay for less than the quoyed $385, which may explain why you're having trouble selling it.

I will definitely consider offers, but as everyone can see in the pics, the optics on this lens are flawless, and well worth a bit of extra cash in my mind.

I have one of these. It is a great lens and covers the full FX frame. Ayone who shoots "people pictures" needs this lens unless they can afford the 85mm f/1.4 which is even better.

One problem is that this lens requires an in-body focus motor so it will not auto-focus on an entry level Nikon body.

All great points, the only reason this lens is being sold is because I bought the 85 1.4. The 85 1.8 was my go to lens for nearly everything, I love it!
 
...the optics on this lens are flawless, and well worth a bit of extra cash in my mind.
And <$475 brand-new from Nikon, w/ full warranty and NO cosmetic damage. I'm a huge fan of buying second-hand gear, BUT I've got to save enough to make up for things like cosmetic damage and lack of warranty.
 
tirediron said:
And <$475 brand-new from Nikon, w/ full warranty and NO cosmetic damage. I'm a huge fan of buying second-hand gear, BUT I've got to save enough to make up for things like cosmetic damage and lack of warranty.

A 20% price drop is pretty good considering the small amount of cosmetic damage has no bearing on IQ... At least I'd think so. You see kids selling Canon's nifty fifty ($100 new) for 85-90 bucks all the time.
 
Again, not to be the big buzzkiller here, but there's a reason this isn't selling. It's nice that we're all talking up how great the price is to help a guy out, but as another for-instance keh.com also has these, in EX condition, for considerably less money. 20% price drop is actually not very good, in any meaningful way.
 
i sold one that was 4 months old a few weeks ago for 400....it was MINT.
 
...the optics on this lens are flawless, and well worth a bit of extra cash in my mind.
And <$475 brand-new from Nikon, w/ full warranty and NO cosmetic damage. I'm a huge fan of buying second-hand gear, BUT I've got to save enough to make up for things like cosmetic damage and lack of warranty.

Again, not to be the big buzzkiller here, but there's a reason this isn't selling. It's nice that we're all talking up how great the price is to help a guy out, but as another for-instance keh.com also has these, in EX condition, for considerably less money. 20% price drop is actually not very good, in any meaningful way.

i sold one that was 4 months old a few weeks ago for 400....it was MINT.

Guys, I said in an above post that I would consider offers. If you're interested in the lens and would like to make an offer, please feel free to do so. Otherwise keep the debating of what I should charge for my lens out of the thread.

Thanks.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom