Nikon AF-D 50mm f/1.4

I have a 50/1.4 G and a 50/1.8 AF-D.

I have the 50 G because I like the focus over ride. It comes in handy in more artistic type shots, whereas the AF-D you have to flip the AF switch to go into manual. But it feels kinda cheap with all the cheaper feeling plastic. The AF-D's feel more sturdy and are a lot smaller.

I also had the 50/1.8 G at the same time but it was the same casing as the 1.4 G and just felt even cheaper. But the focus over ride was my primary reason for going with the G lens.

Can't go wrong with any of them.

Man, you're wealthy.... so many lenses, you own, my friend...
All used .
Got the 50/1.4 G real cheap when I just bought the 50/1.8G. I've had the 50/1.8 D for years as it was the 2nd lens I bought back when I had my d7000.

FYI, I'm back up to 2 bodies. My d600 and a new d750. My d600 got broken and I needed a camera :O
luckily, or unluckily Nikon fixed the d600. I was hoping they would replace it. Gonna have to get more oil on the sensor for them to approve that next time.

I'm messin' with ya! I do want a second body one day... always got my eyes open for a low deal on a D600. I love my former D700, but now that I'm use to larger files with my D800, I think a D600 would be more modern, and 24MP would be outstanding, compared to 12MP. One day! All of my stuff is used as well. It's all I buy. I'm poor (meaning, I have kids, ha)
I have 4 kids.
I'll sell you my d600 for $3500 :)
okay, okay, $3300.
:)

Great deal, you're too kind. I always tell my wife, if we didn't have the kids I could drive a Corvette and shoot with a D5.

I've had mixed experiences with it tbh. It's probably user error. I've had some metering problems as well, where I was using spot metering, but getting a silhouette type photo with blown backgrounds. I've tried some micro adjusting yesterday, but I'm not sure that helped either.

I use matrix metering pretty much 99.9% of the time. The F1.4D has been my main lens especially when shooting street photography. Astro and landscape wise I use the 20mm. D750 here, so the crop will be different.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back